Texarkana College Responds To Emerging COVID-19 With Online Classes
Texarkana College is closely monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak and has established the following procedures as of March 13, 2020. As the national, state and local situations develop, Texarkana College will continue to monitor and respond appropriately.
At this time, there are no reported cases of COVID-19 at Texarkana College. Information and guidelines are changing rapidly, so we will continue to keep you updated. After consulting with the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board and other community colleges throughout the state of Texas, Texarkana College officials have decided to cancel classes the week of March 23-27, and then shift to online course delivery from March 30-April 10. During the week of March 23-27, while classes are postponed, all full-time and part-time workers will report to campus to complete training and professional development to prepare for the transition to delivering courses online. On Monday, March 30, classes will resume in an online format and will remain online through Friday, April 10.
Monday, March 16—Friday, March 20
· Campus is closed for Spring Break.
· The Pinkerton Center will be open on Saturday, March 14 and will then close for Spring Break.
Monday, March 23—Friday, March 27
· All full-time and part-time workers, not including student workers, will report to campus to complete training and professional development to prepare for the transition to delivering courses online.
· The Administration Building will remain open.
· All other buildings, including the Palmer Memorial Library, Testing Center, TC@TexAmericas Center, Pinkerton Center, and all academic classrooms and buildings will be closed to the public.
· The Palmer Memorial Library will reopen for TC students only on Sunday, March 29, to give students access to the technology they need to complete their coursework and tutoring services.
· The Testing Center will be closed to students and community members. Any tests that are currently scheduled will be rescheduled.
· All adult education courses (such as high school equivalency/GED and ESL) and Community & Business Education Center courses scheduled during this time will be rescheduled.
Monday, March 30—Friday, April 10
· All full-time and part-time employees will continue to report to work on campus.
· Students will not report to campus, but will resume coursework online beginning Monday, March 30.
· Faculty should be prepared to communicate with students about steps they need to take to complete their coursework online beginning Monday, March 30. Students will be instructed to check their student email daily for updates.
· Beginning Monday, March 30, student workers will have the option of returning to work on campus.
· The Palmer Memorial Library will be open for TC students only who need access to technology to complete their coursework or seek tutoring services.
· The Pinkerton Center will reopen on Monday, March 30.
SUMMARY: During the next few weeks, Texarkana College officials will reassess the situation and make changes to this plan as needed. As of Friday, March 13, the College anticipates conducting courses in an online environment for two weeks (March 30-April 10) and resuming in-person classes on the main campus and TC@TexAmericas Center on Monday, April 13. After the regular scheduled Spring Break (March 16-22), all college offices will remain open and employees are expected to report to work.
All updates will be posted at www.texarkanacollege.edu/coronavirus and will be shared on the official Texarkana College Facebook page (www.facebook.com/texarkanacollege).