107-3 KISS FM Stops The Music To Discuss Race Relations and Police Interaction
The death of Texas native George Floyd who was killed by a white police officer has affected the people of East Texas as they lead peaceful protests denouncing racism and police brutality.
The all-new 107-3 KISS FM has heard the call and will have a conversation this afternoon discussing race relations and police interactions in East Texas.
Join Shawn Knight this afternoon (June 12th) around 4:50 p.m. as he lead a panel with elected officials and community leaders to find solutions to make sure what happened to George Floyd will not happen in our communities.
Scheduled to appear are the following
- Townsquare Media Tyler-Longview Market Manager - Carleen Dark
- 107-3 KISS FM Assistant Brand Manager/Afternoon Personality - Shawn Knight
- Tyler Police Chief - Jimmy Toler
- NAACP President - Cedrick Grandberry Sr.
- NAACP Vice President - Joe Turner
- NAACP Secretary - Linda Williams
- NAACP Member - Alvin Lacy
- Elder Mitchell Battles - Shell's Temple C.O.G.I.C
- Legal Redress Chair - Albert Lacy
- Publicity - Pamela Phoenix
- Associate Provost - Dr. Kent Willis
- Rev. Rodney Curry - College Hill Baptist Church
- Pastor David Dykes - Green Acres Church
- City Manager of Tyler - Ed Broussard
- Communication Director City of Tyler - Julie Goodgame
- Mayoral Candidate for the City of Tyler - Don Warren
- Director Texas African-American Museum - Gloria Mayes Washington
The topics of discussion will include
- How each representative there is using their voice and platform to build unity, and what more can we do?
- How do we bridge the gap between law enforcement and the African-American community?
- What systems and/or programs does our local law enforcement have in place to protect all citizens especially the African-American community. How do we help them feel more safe? What ideas can we implement that familiarizes African-American children, teens and families in general to have a familiarity with law enforcement and vice-versa, that turns a negative into a positive relationship on both sides?
- What are the next steps that everyone represented (Community leadership, Church leadership, NAACP leadership and the media) can take to truly make a difference?
Join us this afternoon for a powerful discussion that could help shape the future of East Texas around 4:50 p.m. on the all-new 107.3 KISS FM.